We say it with pride quite regularly, our amazing staff in corporate and senior living fitness centers are what help us serve our clients so well. Their strong educational background in health and fitness helps us set the bar high while their exceptional creativity and relationship building skills allows them to keep their members engaged and asking what’s coming next. Since we have the privilege of getting to know our staff across the country, we thought our followers might like to as well. Join us monthly as we throw a different NIFS team member a High Five.
- Name: Tylene Costello
- City, State: Howell, MI
- Years with NIFS: 1 year, 8 months
- Position: Director of Lifestyle and Health
- What brought you to NIFS: Throughout my fitness career, I have always enjoyed working with seniors. Many years ago, I worked at another wellness and fitness facility. I had to create programs for post-rehabilitation, pool programs, and was introduced to Silver Sneakers, a government subsidized senior fitness program. I loved teaching Silver Sneakers classes, and teaching and educating the older population on the multiple facets of fitness training. Several years later, I was in search of a similar position, and that is where I found a listing for a part-time health fitness specialist with NIFS. I have loved every minute that I have been working for the Active Aging group for NIFS at my community location.
- What is the most impactful moment you have shared with a member: There are too many special moments that I have shared with members. I can’t pick one. Each and every one of my members have such a unique and interesting background and history. I love that they share memories of their families, and past jobs with me. I really enjoy when they come into my office and just want to talk about their day. Each and every moment that I get to learn about them has made an impact on my life.
- What separates a NIFS fitness pro from the rest: I think what separates us the most is that we learn about our community. We make fitness fun. We form communities of people and social groups. We make fitness an overall healthier well-being physically and emotionally.
- What is your favorite thing about working at your client site: I love my job! I love my co-workers and especially the members and residents. They make every day coming into work fun and enjoyable. It is a blessing in my life.
- What motivates you: My members motivate me. They are so full of life and energy. I love observing my ninety year old members walking, exercising, and using the machines. They are a strong group of people.
- What is your favorite hobby: My favorite hobby is being active with my family. I love to hit the gym with my 13 year old son, and 16 year old girl. I love ice-fishing, fishing, hiking, shooting bows, and spending time with them. Both of my kids are on the archery teams (one in middle school, and one in high school), I love watching them shoot. My daughter also dances, and I love watching her perform. But it is always nice, to sit and relax with a good movie and chill.
Interested in learning more about our staffing services? Click below for what best fits your needs.