It only comes around once per year, so why not indulge with dinner at the fair? Well some of your favorite fair foods might only be consumed once per year, but if you aren’t increasing the amount of exercise to go along with them, the extra weight gained can stick around for longer! Here are some of the more popular fair food items and how far the average person would need to walk around to burn it off!
Top 5 State Fair Foods
- Elephant Ear –Average is 310 calories and 15 grams of fat – 3 miles / Funnel cake(6”) – 276 calories & 14 grams of fat – 3 miles
- Lemon shake up - 254 calories – 2 ½ miles
- Deep fried everything (fried snickers – 444 calories & 29 gram so fat)(fried twinkie – 420 calories & 34 grams of fat) (one oreo – 98 calories – 1 mile) – 4.5 miles
- Corn on the cob – 250 calories & 12 grams of fat - 2.5 miles
- Corn dog - – 200 calories & grams of fat & 10 grams of fat – 2 miles
Ways to save calories:
- Think your drink – bottled water or sugar free lemon shake ups
- Don’t arrive starving so you want to purchase everything in sight. Have a balanced snack before you head to the fair.
- Share with friends and family
- Sit down and eat vs. walking and grazing
- Wear comfy shoes to maximize your walking
Check out all booths and choose your absolute favorite….plus you will walk more scoping out the best booths! So enjoy your dinner at the fair and then get back to balanced eating tomorrow morning!