We say it with pride quite regularly, our amazing staff in corporate and senior living fitness centers are what help us serve our clients so well. Their strong educational background in health and fitness helps us set the bar high while their exceptional creativity and relationship building skills allows them to keep their members engaged and asking what’s coming next. Since we have the privilege of getting to know our staff across the country, we thought our followers might like to as well. Join us monthly as we throw a different NIFS team member a High Five.
- Name: Lauren Kelsheimer
- City, State: Terre Haute, IN
- Years with NIFS: 4.5 years
- Position: Fitness Manager
- What brought you to NIFS: I happened upon a message on LinkedIn from our previous Director. I thought it was an ad, but took my chances and reached back out to her to see what potential there was in a position like this. I am glad that I did!
- What is the most impactful moment you have shared with a member:
A member’s husband passed and she really became a recluse. I decided to reach out to her and see if she wanted to start participating in exercise classes or exercise in the fitness center. She was very hesitant, but agreed to come down to the fitness center and see what it was all about. After a few sessions, she really broke out of her shell and now is exercising daily, visiting friends she met from classes or programs, and is living life to the fullest! These moments are the reason I chose this career.
- What separates a NIFS fitness pro from the rest: NIFS fitness professionals strive to create moments of magic for our members. We are passionate and care deeply about what we do. Also, we know the importance of creating experiences for our members that stand out from the rest. NIFS fitness professionals truly work together as a team to produce great programs, events, and fitness offerings and continue to perform at a level above.
- What is your favorite thing about working at your client site: I truly enjoy my residents. They have become family. The team members at Westminster Village are amazing as well. They are always willing to lend a hand and help me with any program or event that I have for the residents to help impact their lives. I enjoy that we all have a common goal and that’s to engage our community and provide fun, exciting programs for them.
- What motivates you: The smiles! I feed off of resident’s energy. If they are enjoying themselves and really feel like they are getting something out of my classes, programs, or events, then I have done my job. They constantly make me want to be better.
- What is your favorite hobby: I enjoy being with my family and jogging.