We say it with pride quite regularly, our amazing staff in corporate and senior living fitness centers are what help us serve our clients so well. Their strong educational background in health and fitness helps us set the bar high while their exceptional creativity and relationship building skills allows them to keep their members engaged and asking what’s coming next. Since we have the privilege of getting to know our staff across the country, we thought our followers might like to as well. Join us monthly as we throw a different NIFS team member a High Five.
- Name: Candace Montgomery
- City, State: Newport News, VA
- Years with NIFS: 2 years
- Position: Fitness and Vibrance Director
- What brought you to NIFS: Originally in the Health Fitness Specialist position and wanted to expand my career in fitness.
- What is the most impactful moment you have shared with a member: When working with a member for an extended period of time and they truly begin to see the results of their hard work, whether that be improved balance, gained strength, etc., it is always rewarding for me when they have that confidence boost!
- What separates a NIFS fitness pro from the rest: A NIFS fitness pro is different from the rest because of the resources available and upper management that is consistently encouraging their team to be their best for the members. The NIFS team is a great sounding board for crafting innovative programming and how to keep fitness fun!
- What is your favorite thing about working at your client site: The favorite aspect of my role is interacting with the members and many of them become like extended family members, where they genuinely care about you and your own family. This role provides me with the opportunity to not only build members strength, but also build lasting relationships. It is a truly rewarding career!
- What motivates you: I am motivated by son (3yo) as I am always striving to be the best version of myself to set an example for him. Additionally, the members motivate me! I feed off the energy of the residents, especially during exercise class. Nothing keeps me motivated more than having fun and exercising with our members!
- What is your favorite hobby: I love doing DIY projects! We recently moved into a new house and my husband and I are constantly doing a new project. Its so much fun being creative and finding new ways to make a space uniquely yours. I watch a lot of Fixer Upper, haha!
Interested in learning more about our staffing services? Click below for what best fits your needs.