We say it with pride quite regularly, our amazing staff in corporate and senior living fitness centers are what help us serve our clients so well. Their strong educational background in health and fitness helps us set the bar high while their exceptional creativity and relationship building skills allows them to keep their members engaged and asking what’s coming next. Since we have the privilege of getting to know our staff across the country, we thought our followers might like to as well. Join us monthly as we throw a different NIFS team member a High Five.
- Name: Jordan Matthews
- Years with NIFS: a little over 3 years
- Position: Fitness Center Manager
- What brought you to NIFS: Learned about NIFS Fitness Management through a friend
- What is the most impactful moment you have shared with a member: When I was working as a health fitness specialist in coverage I worked with an individual at one of our senior living communities. We worked together for 3 months to build enough quad and core strength to stand from the chair without using the chair arms. After 3 months we not only achieved our goal but they performed 9 more after that!
- What separates a NIFS fitness pro from the rest: The amount of care that is placed in every question, group fitness class, and training session. The trainers at NIFS show a passionate desire to try and help each person they encounter!
- What is your favorite thing about working at your client site: The atmosphere that we have created at my client site is as close to a family as I’ve ever been outside of my own. Some employee’s look at the fitness center as a stress reliver and that is a testament to the positive atmosphere created. Running programs with employees at this site are fun and exciting.
- What motivates you: I focus on what I preach to all my clients, “try to get 1% better every day”. I work with around 15 individual clients and they all have different goals that they want to achieve. Learning better ways to help clients towards there goals and motivating them to continue after there goals are reached.
- What is your favorite hobby: I enjoy playing sports with my friends (as long as I don’t get hurt). I also, due to my competitiveness I love to play board games at home! One of my favorites is Monopoly.