We say it with pride quite regularly, our amazing staff in corporate and senior living fitness centers are what help us serve our clients so well. Their strong educational background in health and fitness helps us set the bar high while their exceptional creativity and relationship building skills allows them to keep their members engaged and asking what’s coming next. Since we have the privilege of getting to know our staff across the country, we thought our followers might like to as well. Join us monthly as we throw a different NIFS team member a High Five.
- Name: Kara Gootee-Robinson
- City, State: Indianapolis, IN
- Years with NIFS: almost 18 years
- Position: Assistant Director
- What brought you to NIFS: While attending Purdue and networking between friends I was connected with a Purdue grad who worked in Corporate Fitness at one of NIFS client locations at the time. I went to my first real interview and the rest is history.
- What is the most impactful moment you have shared with a member: Seeing a member go from being so unsure about exercise to loving it. Observing this member change their mindset on what exercise can be for them was truly rewarding. They attended one class a week, it turned into two classes, then it became weekly one on one training and just seeing them enjoy coming in as a part of their routine and lifestyle was rewarding.
- What separates a NIFS fitness pro from the rest: Our staff genuinely care about their members. The connections made help people to continue coming back and staying active in their onsite fitness center. The way we engage people helps them to form community at their sites.
- What is your favorite thing about working at your client site: The people, both members and co-workers. I have made life long friends with people who took my classes, who I trained, and who I worked alongside for so many years. The people are why I've been with NIFS for so long.
- What motivates you: Seeing the change in people and myself. Making exercise a regular habit is hard, but once you do it's routine. Once the small changes are noticed it makes it easier each day to choose to be healthy and active. It's motivating to see others do the same.
- What is your favorite hobby: Depends on the season, my family enjoys time on the lake from swimming in Tennessee to fishing in Minnesota. That tends to be how we spend our summers and when things are most relaxing!
Interested in learning more about our staffing services? Click below for what best fits your needs.