We say it with pride quite regularly, our amazing staff in corporate and senior living fitness centers are what help us serve our clients so well. Their strong educational background in health and fitness helps us set the bar high while their exceptional creativity and relationship building skills allows them to keep their members engaged and asking what’s coming next. Since we have the privilege of getting to know our staff across the country, we thought our followers might like to as well. Join us monthly as we throw a different NIFS team member a High Five.
- Name: Tara VanNess
- City, State: Indianapolis, IN
- Years with NIFS: 5 months
- Position: Fitness Center Manager
- What brought you to NIFS: I was seeking a position to expand my experience in the health and exercise field.
- What is the most impactful moment you have shared with a member: Connecting and working with a member that had a relatable injury from a past. It was easy to relate with her and share my experience of areas I could have rehabilitated better or different tools for success. Additionally, reconnected with a previous member who was a patient at my old job, before NIFS. He is hilarious and we constantly connect over his many injuries and training habits.
- What separates a NIFS fitness pro from the rest: I believe it is our ability to not only train but educate our members regarding our field. We can identify the reasoning behind why we have our members train a specific way or feedback on their training.
- What is your favorite thing about working at your client site: The ability to build relationships with members. I get to see some of the same faces everyday and connect daily on what’s new in either of our lives. Lastly, I love learning something new every day such as various training styles, traveling, engineering, education, news, etc.
- What motivates you: Personally, this question is heavily dependent on what goal I’m striving to achieve. However, as for as work the members and my co-workers are what motivate me to do my best and show up with a positive attitude.
- What is your favorite hobby: Currently, it is an outdoor light competition in my neighborhood for the holidays. On a regular basis, it’s spending time outdoors exploring with my dogs and boyfriend.
Interested in learning more about our staffing services? Click below for what best fits your needs.